Get your Bake On – Chocolate coated Honeycomb
Chocolate Coated Honeycomb
I love a Cadbury’s Crunchie I do. But what do you do if you fancy one and you’ve not got any at home?!
You get 4 ingredients and make a ‘rustic’ batch of your own, that’s what!
This super simple recipe is basically foolproof…even I managed to make it.
If you don’t want to put the chocolate on it, don’t feel you have to. It’s just as yummy without and takes less time if you’re impatient!
200g Caster Sugar
4 tablespoons og Golden Syrup
1 tablespoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
100g Chocolate of your choice (I used Dark in this recipe)
(A lined and Greased Tin – I used an 8 inch Tin)
- Place 200g Caster Sugar and 4 tablespoons of Golden Syrup into a large saucepan.
- Heat over a medium/low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Simmer gently for 4/5 minutes until the mixture is a dark caramel colour BUT WATCH IT DOESNT BURN!
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in 1 tablespoon of Bicarbonate of Soda.
- Whisk vigorously (the mixture will foam and puff up a lot but just give it a really good whisk up!)
- Pour the foamed sugar mixture into a lined and greased tin.
- Leave to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Once set, melt your chocolate.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the set honeycomb.
- Leave to cool and set once more.
- Once set, remove from the tray and break into pieces, the more random the shapes and sizes the better I say.
- Scoff it!!!! (Or place in cellophane bags and give to friends as gifts if you’re feeling generous!)
Feel free to share your attempts over on my facebook page or over on Instagram by Tagging me in your photo!