Oh My Blog (March 2017) – Featuring Two Hearts One Roof
Oh My Blog is a monthly interview series, where fellow bloggers come together to answer a series of questions on a specific theme. This is a chance to get acquainted with a whole range of bloggers, some of whom you may not have heard of before, and learn a little more about them!
Each month has a theme and this month, the theme is Mums (because it’s Mother’s Day soon!) and I’m hosting the lovely Chantele from Two Hearts One Roof.
1. Introduce us to your mum. What’s her name? What does she do? Reveal her age if you dare!
My Mums name is Julie, she is in her late 50’s, she has done many things in the past
hairdresser, beauty therapist, children’s ward receptionist and now a cleaner in a special needs school.
2. What’s the one thing your mum always used to say to you?
Count your blessings and tidy your room!
3. Someone’s playing your mum in a film. Who is it and why?
Lol! Angelica Housten, I’ve always thought she looks a bit like my mum (although mum will
probably kill me for saying that!) It’s the hair!
4.She’s won the lottery. What’s the first thing your mum buys for herself?
A BMW Z4! She has one on lease and loves it, so she would be straight to the garage to get herself a new one. She loves driving!
5. What embarrassing story about you does she always tell when you meet new people?
She doesn’t really tell any embarrassing stories to be honest.
6. What are your plans for Mother’s Day this year?
Actually I will be away in California for Mother’s Day this year, it’s my first as a mum as my little dude was born in June. I think Mum will be having a meal out with my sister but not sure what I’ll be doing, Will have to see if hubby plans anything for me
7. What’s her favourite TV show at the moment?
Spring Watch or Great Train Journeys!
8. What’s the biggest or most important thing that your mum inspired you to do?
She supported me and Jon when we started our business (www.crossjonesphotogrpahy.com) .
She didn’t inspire us to take the leap to launch the company but she was definitely a huge factor in us being brave enough and financially able to do it.
9. Your round at the bar! What’s your mum drinking?
Dark Rum and Coke
10. What’s the biggest different between you and your mum?
She’s an obsessive cleaner and I’m not! Lol Jon does most the cleaning in our house.
11. Most important question of the lot. What is your mum’s stance on 50 Shades of Grey?
Does she love it? Hate it? Not even know what it is?
I believe she read the first 2 chapters and thought it was crap so didn’t bother with any more of it.
12. What’s your favourite memory of your mum?
Probably the day she met her grandson, he’s the first grandchild and I’ve never seen her so proud or besotted.
13. What do you think your mum was like as a kid?
She was probably a good girl I think, but probably a bit bossy.
14. Cast your mind back a bit; what was the thing you did as a child or teenager that made your mum the angriest she has ever been with you?
Oh tough question either moving my boyfriend in at 17 (I’m married to him now! So we were pretty serious!) or me not getting the grades I needed to get into Cardiff University the first time round (which she blamed on having said boyfriend).
15. Finally, what’s the BEST piece of advice your mum ever gave to you?
Don’t waste time on people who aren’t worth it.