The Liebster Award…
It would appear that I’ve been nominated for some sort award.
Sadly I don’t win any money or a new shiny car (or a bunch of Mother’s Day flowers…of course I’m not still bitter about that…much, ahem) but I do win something money can’t buy. Friendship.
The Liebster Award is an award given from one blogger to another. It is a way to encourage new bloggers/writers and to spread the gospel of their blog amongst the blogging community (something I’m very much still learning the ropes about – it’s a minefield!) as well as discovering new ones to enjoy.
I was dubious about partaking in this award but for the sake of my blogging reputation, because I’m British and I’ll feel full of regret and utterly terrible for the next year if I just ignore it and because it actually looks like a bit of a giggle, I thought I would join in!
So, thanks to the lovely blogger at the shiny and new (but very whitty) Words and Rhyme to Pass the Time (If you get a chance, do read her blog post entitled, “My Dad made a Porno…”) for the nomination!
I now nominate the following 5 super, smashing bloggers. Do check them out:
The rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Show the award on your blog or in your post.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award.
- Create a list of new questions for your nominees to answer.
11 Facts about me are…
- I’m minature. Just slightly bigger than a Hobbit but not as hairy in the foot department. I think I’m 4ft 12 on a good day… (there’s a joke in there if you look close enough…)
- I’ve lived in the same borough all my life and my children were born in the same hospital as me (Hermit…)
- I love Gin.
- I love dance and used to teach until I had the kids and couldn’t see my toes anymore, let alone touch them.
- Did I mention I love Gin?!
- I played the flute at school and because I was so small when I started playing, I had to have a special curved mouthpiece on my flute because my arms weren’t long enough to reach the keys on it with the straight piece on (so special…)
- I love holidays in the UK and I could move to live in the middle of nowhere in Scotland in a heartbeat (if there was work there that is…)
- I broke my arm when I was 3 by swinging on the arms of a chair and a sofa in the living room..which then rolled away so I landed badly and broke it. Because nobody saw it happen, my parents had a visit from social services…oops. I did get my plaster cast signed by Terry Wogan (RIP you utter legend) and the jockey from Hi-De-Hi though…
- Have I told you all I really love Gin?
- I won a poster competition for the Grand Re-opening of our local Wickes (DIY) store when I was at Primary school. I had my poster displayed in there and my photo in the paper. The pinnacle moment of my life….
- I had a hamster when I was younger called Cartman (from south park) because his bottom was so big he couldnt fit in his little hamster house and I had to get him a new one… #thestruggleisreal
In order to finish my award nomination, I must answer some questions set by my nominee…
So, here we go!
- Ideal person to get stuck in a lift with?
A lift repair man (who just happens to look like Robert Downey-Jnr…)
2. Top 3 beauty recommendations?
3. Song that will always get you on the Dancefloor?
Argh!! I LOVE my music so this is super tough, either Insomina by Faithless or Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody…
4. Favourite Kids Picture Book?
“That’s not my Santa!” by Usborne books because of the one part where it says this…
5. Travel destination you would love to visit?
Norway and the Fjords
6. What item never makes it off your ‘to do’ list?
Sit down and have a cup of tea…
7. Why did you start blogging?
Because my friends and family told me to. I began writing stupidly long posts on facebook, mainly ranting about family or holiday incidents and everyone gave me so much encouragement that I was actually not too bad at writing that I decided to give blogging a bash. Thank you friends and family!!!!
8. Recommendation of a blog to follow?
I love so many different blogs for different reasons, but my pick would have to be Surviving a Sleep thief. I can just relate to it on so many levels (*cries remembering full nights of sleep of before children*) and the writer, Emily-Jane Clark just cracks me up on a daily basis…very talented indeed.
9. What is your favourite film quote?
Forest Gump, “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get”. It’s so true. Life throws a lot at us, whenever it wants, so we should make the most of what we have and enjoy being here.
10. What would your last supper be? Starter, Main and Pudding?
Starter: Deep fried camembert with cranberry sauce and fresh bread
Main: Christmas Dinner with EVERYTHING on one plate
Pudding: Salted Caramel cheesecake with Jude’s Salted Caramel Ice Cream…yummers. And a Gin at the end, obvs.
11. Best piece of advice you’ve ever been given.
“It’ll all work out in the end”. It sounds like a crap cliche, but it’s so true. It does all work out in the end, be that ending good or bad, it will come to a conclusion. Another one for me is “don’t worry about what other people think”. I always did (and still do now) and it can have an major impact on you as a person. Just be you.
My 11 questions for my nominees to answer are…
- How did you decide on your blog title?
- Where is your favourite place in the UK?
- Quality Street or Roses?
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you could remove someone from planet earth, who would it be and why?
- What is your favourite season?
- Do you believe in Ghosts?
- What was your first car?
- Wine or Gin?
- Favourite film of all time?
- What is your favourite blog and why?
So there we have it! I hope this post wasnt too boring to read and thanks again to Words and Rhyme to pass the Time for the Nomination!