Pick your Poison: Alcoholic Iced Caramel Latte
“Today, I will nail this parenting malarkey and be the best Mum ever…but first, I need Coffee. And Alcohol”
This iced coffee is probably my favourite tipple at the moment. Probably.
It’s just as good minus the alcohol so if you fancy an iced caramel coffee, once the Great British Summer decides to arrive, this would be a fab recipe to use.
Your caffine and alcohol fix in one shebang, think espresso martini, but not quite as potent.
The energy and staying power of a toddler will have nothing on you once you’ve had one of these bad boys!
1 shot of strong espresso coffee (left to cool for 20 minutes)
25ml Baileys (or Triibe Liquer)
150ml Cold Milk
15ml Caramel Coffee Syrup (I used Tate and Lyle)
Squirty cream (for decoration)
Caramel Sauce (for decoration)
Crushed Ice (preferable, but not essential – cubes will also do)
- In a cocktail shaker, place the cooled coffee, Kahlua, Baileys, caramel syrup and crushed ice.
- Place the lid on the shaker and shake well.
- Remove the lid from the shaker and add the milk.
- This time, stir the ingredients together with a long spoon/muddler.
- Pour into a tall glass.
- Top with squirty cream and caramel sauce…and a straw!
Now get drinking my lovely Knutters! Tally ho!