Pick your Poison: Alcoholic Malteser Milkshake
I think it is pretty safe to say Maltesers are one of my favourite treats. The trouble is though, I can’t just have a handful…i often have to scoff half a bag (or maybe a whole one – those sharing bags are really quite small nowadays!) in one go!
I made this little concoction the other day when the kids were badgering me for an ice cream after school, only for us to get out of school and see the ice cream man wasn’t there. Cue drama!
I made them a kid friendly version and then I made myself a grown up version to try that evening. It wasn’t too shabby I can tell you!
Again, like most milkshake cocktails, you could probably only manage drinking one or two in the same evening but they are super scrummy.
Go on, have a go! It’s apparently the lighter way to enjoy chocolate…well, maybe minus the alcohol and ice cream it is 😉
(Makes 3 small glasses/tumblers)
1 Sharing Pack of Maltesers
1 Pint of Milk
5 Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream, or Chocolate if you prefer
25ml Vanilla Vodka, or normal Vodka if that’s all you have to hand.
Chocolate sauce to decorate the Glass
A few extra Maltesers to Decorate the Glass if you wish
- Place the bag of Maltesers in a Blender.
- Blend until Crushed and Small/Powdery, about 30 seconds.
- Place the Ice Cream and Milk in the Blender and blitz again for a minute or so.
- Add the Baileys and Vodka and blitz again for 10 seconds.*
- Decorate the inside of your glasses with some chocolate sauce and then pour in the Malteser Milkshake.
- Gently add a couple of Maltesers to the top (so they don’t sink) and serve with a straw and a spoon if you wish to scoop out the Maltesers!
Now get slurping!
*Obviously, if you are making this as a milkshake for the kids or someone who doesn’t drink, leave out the Baileys and Vodka.