Pick your Poison: Club Tropicana
(Pineapple, Malibu, Lime and Mint Cocktail)
“Club Tropicana drinks are free, fun and sunshine, there’s enough for everyone…”
(Well, unless I’m there. I can drink for England. There won’t be any drinks left once I’ve finished)
This is a fruity, refreshing little number which will make you feel (if you close your eyes, use your imagination, shut yourself in the airing cupboard where its warm and put some George Michael ‘Club Tropicana’ on…) like you’re on holiday on a tropical island. Maybe. I’m not making any promises on that one…
Malibu, Pineapple, Lime juice and Mint, all muddled together and served over ice.
Shave your legs ladies and get your shirts off fellas…summer is here in the UK (for today anyway).
150ml Pineapple Juice
Juice of 1 lime (plus a wedge to serve)
3 springs of mint (plus one to serve)
- Place your mint sprigs, lime juice and Malibu in a cocktail shaker.
- Using a muddler, or the end of a rolling pin, squish the ingredients together for a couple of minutes.
- Add some Ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Add Pineapple juice and shake again.
- Strain and pour into an ice filled glass of choice.
- Decorate witha sprig of mint and a wedge of lime.
I think this little dude would love one of these (minus the Malibu, obviously) 😉
You can also read about this litte Sun-tanned dude in one of my old blog posts, it’s entitled, Club Tropicana Toddler