Pick your Poison: Pineapple Mojito Slushy
I don’t care if you’re 4 or 74, no matter your age, you can’t beat the novelty that is a frozen drink which sounds like water going down a drain when you slurp it! Guaranteed to bring back memories of childhood days filled with Slush Puppies and Sunshine.
The slushy’s of my childhood were those luminous offerings, often Red or Blue, which stained tongues, stained teeth and, more often than not, stained clothing. Sorry Mum!
Sadly this cocktail requires a bit of planning as it has to have time to freeze, but it’s totally worth the wait and effort!
This refreshing cocktail contains Pineapple Juice, Funkin’ Mojito Mix (that’s not a typo, the brand is called Funkin’ – it’s a mix of lime juice, mint and sugar, the perfect base for a quick and easy Mojito at home), Lime juice, mint and Malibu.
(makes 2 cocktails – increase quantities and freezing time for a larger batch)
150ml – Fresh Pineapple Juice
50ml – Funkin’ Mojito mix (I bought mine from Ocado)
Juice of 1 Lime
A few mint leaves
100ml – Malibu (50ml per glass)
- Place the pineapple juice and Funkin’ Mojito Mix into a container or bowl and mix (I used a plastic container)
- Place in the freezer and freeze for at least 4 hours, mixing with a fork after 2 hours.
- Once you’re ready to make your cocktail, remove the container from the freezer.
- Scoop out the required amount of Pineapple Slushy into each glass and smash with a fork or muddler to break it down and create the ‘slush’.
- Mix the Lime Juice, Mint Leaves and Malibu together.
- Pour half of the Malibu mixture into one glass, over the pineapple slushy mixture, and then the rest into the other glass.
- Stick a straw in, and maybe a long spoon so you can eat it whilst you wait for it to melt a bit, and get stuck in!