Millie’s Style White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Everyone loves a cookie!
The ones we love in our house are those super squidgy ones you often get from Millie’s Cookies, which smell amazing every time you walk past the place!
Here is a recipe for you all so you can try to recreate those yummy, squishy cookies in your own home.
The toddler helped me to make these so they are super simple…just don’t scoff all the cookie dough before you get around to baking the actual cookies! That very nearly happened in our house and resulted in the toddler being hyper on sugar for 20 minutes due to the amount he had consumed whilst I got the baking tray ready!
120g – Unsalted, softened butter
100g – Light Brown Sugar
120g – Caster Sugar
225g – Self Raising Flour
150g/200g – White Chocolate chunks/chips/chopped chocolate/whatever it is you fancy lobbing into the cookie dough!
- Preheat oven to approx. 180’c – this is dependant on your oven’s temprament, but 180’c is ok in ours.
- Add the butter and both types of sugar to the mixing bowl.
- Mix on a medium speed for a few minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix again.
- Add the flour and mix for a couple of minutes until all the mixture is incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chunks/whatever it is you want to throw into your cookie dough today.
- Prepare a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Roll golf ball sized lumps of cookie dough in your hands and flatten a little.
- Place these balls of cookie dough onto your prepared baking tray (make sure you leave some room next to the dough balls to avoid them merging together to make one enormous mutant cookie when you bake them!)
- Bake the cookies for 8 minutes 30 seconds.
- Remove them from the oven and allow them to firm up on the baking tray for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the tray onto a cooling rack and then wait a minute or two before scoffing them! Nom nom nom!