Goodness me, another blogging recognition award has made its way to me this week courtesy of the lovely Georgie over at the super blog, Third Time Lucky.
She is a very witty 60 year old Grandma who lives half the year on her yacht in Greece (yes, I know, as you do) and the other half here in the UK. Her blog is full of interesting places to visit, amusing ramblings and doors…a favourite new door each week (trust me, they are often lovely doors and it’s a unique blog feature I’ve only ever seen on her blog).
Thanks so very much for the amazingly kind words and nomination Georgie…!
So, onto my part of the award challenge.
5 blogs that I love and would like to nominate for this award are…
1) and1moremakes3 – a super duper blog by a Mummy of 3 called Leah. It’s a blog with a mixture of funny day to day parenting posts and more serious ones which discuss depression, mental health issues and anxiety with real honesty and emotion. Do give her a read and a like on Facebook using the link above.
2) Hot Pink Wellingtons – Written by a super gorgeous Mum of 1 called Katy. Hot Pink Wellingtons was born because Katy wanted to document her family’s life as she felt the first year of her sons life had flown by so fast that she needed to jot it all down to process and remember it. Her blog looks gorgeous and she writes about parenting, home decor, beauty and gardening. It’s a lovely read.
3) Little Steps is a wonderful blog written by a smashing lady called, Dean. She hails from the Philipines originally but now lives in a tiny fishing village in Cornwall with her husband, daughter and dog. Idyllic. She blogs about family life and I find her blog really calming and full of knowledge. They’re a family of book lovers and enjoy dog walking…and her daughter Little T loved a walk through a graveyard which I think is lovely. Keeping the past alive and super inquisitive. Do look her up.
4) Blogger Mummy Lauren a brilliant blog by a Mummy of 2 called Lauren. Originally hailing from South Shields, near Newcastle but now living in Northern Ireland, Lauren blogs about family life and specialises in sharing her experiences of bringing up her son who suffers from ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder). A super informative and well written blog, great to go to for advice or just to increase your understanding of ASD. Do have a look using the link above.
5) Mama Ain’t Raisin No Fools a great blog written by a lovely Mum of 2 who blogs about the chaos of daily family life as well as her experience of having a baby born with a heart defect and watching him have to go through major heart surgery at a couple of days old. Scary stuff but so important and CHD needs as much awareness bought to it as possible. She does this in an informative and calm manner. She is also really funny. Do go give her a view or two!
If you want to join in (don’t feel you have to but there is a rumour that there’s the risk of eternal damnation to a land where Gin and wine are banned if you don’t…a fate worse than Purgatory) then here are the rules…
# You must thank the person who nominated you and link their blog in the post.
# You must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
# You add 7 facts about yourself
# Then nominate at least 5 people and let them know by commenting on their blog!
And to finish, here are 7 facts about myself… (Are you all asleep yet?)
- I love cheese. Any type. Especially with wine…
- Iceland is my most favourite place on Earth. I’ve hardly travelled in fairness but it’s breathtakingly beautiful and there are hardly any creepy crawlies there as it’s just too chuffing cold. I love that. Sod you crawlie little beasts of bedlam!!
- I used to dance, a lot. Every day. Once during a dance show, we were doing the Can-Can and I was coming up to a part where I had to dance with a partner. As I ran to her my skirt broke and fell down around my ankles revealing way more than the audience had anticipated and instead of running to my partner I had to run off stage and leave her stood there winging it (sorry Kim!!!x)
- I like to sing really loudly in my downstairs toilet because I think I sound like Adele in there (fabulous acoustics, perhaps due to the notes resonating around the porcelain throne) and nobody else can hear me because it’s essentially a cupboard (I sound nothing like Adele. And I can’t sing at all).
- We named our little one Ben Isaac but unwittingly his initials now spell out B.I.N – he will forever be known as BIN man…
- I didn’t know that Narwhals were real things until 6 years ago…I thought they were fictional creatures made up by the people who made the movie Elf (with Will Ferrell) – the shame….
- I got asked for ID in our local Asda at Christmas when trying to buy a copy of Thomas and Friends on DVD…it was rated U. And I am 30. Go figure that one out. It was because the computer had asked for it and the member of staff mistook my baby for my father. Easy mistake to make. Poor love clearly needed a tea break and a trip to specsavers…
So there you go. 7 bits of useless sh*t about me that you didn’t really want to know or read but you have and, if you’re reading this part, I commend you for sticking with my inane ramble until the very end and I shall raise a glass of Gin to you in thanks and gratitude later on.
Chin chin old chums!