Pick your Poison: ‘The White One’ gets a Makeover!
Who said these Ella’s Kitchen smoothie pouches were for babies and toddlers?!
As soon as I saw these particular pouches, made with pineapple, coconut, banana, apple and a dash of lemon juice I thought…cocktail. (Is that bad of me?! I guess it might be. Please try not to judge, I live in a house with 4 boys. That can drive anyone to cocktails…)
I decided to have a fiddle about with a couple of these smoothie pouches and finally settled on a recipe I liked. It’s a bit like a thick Pina Colada – fruity, tropical and refreshing. And surely, if it has fruit smoothie in it, it’s at least 1 of your 5 a day. Go on, have 5 and fill your daily fruit quota 😉
(To make 1 cocktail)
1 scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
50ml Pineapple Juice
Juice of 1/2 a lime
Some cubed ice
A Cherry, some mint and a Wedge of Lime to decorate.
1. Place the contents of the Ella’s Kitchen Smoothie Pouch in a blender.
2. Add the scoop of vanilla ice crea, pineapple juice, squeeze of lime juice and Malibu into the blender.
3. Place the lid on the blender and whizz for 30 seconds.
4. Put some ice in a glass and pour the contents of the blender over the ice.
5. Garnish with a cherry, a wedge of lime and some mint leaves on top.
(Just don’t share it with your toddler!)
If you make this cocktail, do let me know and share a photo of it over on my Facebook Page or over on my Instagram by tagging me @lifeisknutts.
Happy cocktail o’clock Knutters!